TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!
Seen a bike you like the look of but really want to try it first before you make that final decision?
Well you're in luck! At Pedalz we have a great range of demo bikes available from most of the brands we have in store. So you can make sure that new bike you've had your eye on rides just how you expected it to!
Our demo bikes are available to try for 2 consecutive days at any one time. Demo rides are available at a fixed cost of £80. This is then given back to you as a discount if you then choose to place an order for any new bike with ourselves.
21/08/2021 - Our First Demo Event Of The Summer! - Held At Skillz Bike Park - Please contact us to book your place as numbers are limited - Cost is £20 Per person and allows you to demo up to 5 bikes throughout the day.
Throughout The Summer (covid restrictions pending) we will be running a few Demo days at some great local riding spots so you can literally try different bikes back to back for a straight head to head comparison! Keep an eye out on our website and social media pages for details.
These will be run in a ticket format as numbers will be limited and we expect these to sell out fast.
Our Current In Store Demo Bikes
Kona Process 153 CR/DL 29 - Large - SOLD
2021 Transition Patrol - Coming Soon
Thok TK01 - Large
Orange Stage Evo - Large
What If You Don't Have The Bike I'd Like To Demo?
If we don't have the exact bike you'd like to demo from one of the brands we have in store please give us a call. With some of the brands we have available the suppliers have a demo fleet available that we can call from, so we may be able to get the bike delivered to us for you to demo from the supplier.
Can I Buy A Demo Bike You've Had In Store?
Yes you can!
We normally sell our demo bikes at the end of the season (typically September/October) It's a great way to grab yourself a bargain too! Our demo bikes are maintained to the highest standard in store with all the best products we have available. Most of our demo bikes have Slicy frame protection kits fitted to them from new too so they're protected from day one!
If you'd like to reserve one of our demo bikes to purchase just get in touch, we'll take a small deposit of £200 and the bike is then reserved for you as soon as it comes up for sale. Some demo bikes can be sold earlier in the year too as long as we can get a replacement so always speak to us if you're potentially interested in one and the savings that will be available on them.
How Does It Work?
- If you'd like to arrange a demo please contact us in advance to discuss which bike you'd like to try and arrange a date to collect the bike
- When you come in to collect the demo bike we'll ask you to fill out one of our demo forms with some of your basic contact details. We'll also require you to bring in a nationally recognised form of valid photo ID.
Eg/ Photocard driving licence or Passport
- Once you've completed the form and we've taken a copy of your ID we will then require a deposit on a credit or debit card for £1,000. (The card used must be registered to the same address as shown on your photo ID)
- We'll then make sure the demo bike is set up to suit your weight, riding style etc so it performs as it should for you (please allow 25-30 minutes when you come to collect the demo bike to allow us to do this for you along with the paperwork, etc)
- You can then take the bike for the next 2 days, returning it before close of business on the 2nd day or by 10am on the morning of the 3rd day
- Once the bike is returned we will inspect it for any damage (other than wear and tear) Once its been checked in and is in satisfactory condition we will then refund your card that you paid the original deposit on less £80 for the cost of the demo. If you proceed to order a bike from us then the £80 will be discounted off the new bike that you order.
Demo Bike Terms And Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all people using a demo / hire bike provided by Pedalz Limited. Completion of a booking / reservation acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the participant:
- The rider is fully responsible for their actions whilst using the demo/hire bike. Pedalz Limited do not accept responsibility for the actions of the participant nor the consequences of such actions.
- Each rider is responsible for providing their own insurance protection while using a demo bike. Any accident or injury caused by the rider’s actions will be the full responsibility of said rider.
- Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by the rider.
- Each rider, upon signing the booking form, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the demo / hire bike.
- The booking form must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested.
- The rider agrees to wear, as a minimum, a suitably designed cycling specific helmet while using the demo/ hire bike. Pedalz Limited reserve the right to refuse demo bike use to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
- The rider agrees to return the bike to the demo/ hire bike staff at the shop . Failure to return the bike will result in Pedalz Limited recovering the full retail value of the bike from the rider.
- The rider is responsible for any negligent damage caused to the bike. The cost of any damage caused (over and above standard wear and tear) will be recovered from the rider.
Photo ID must be provided before the demo bike(s) will be released to the participant. Only nationally recognised forms of ID will be accepted i.e. Photo driving license and Passport