Spank Spike 800 Race Bar with Race 2 Stem
Whether you're exploring or racing, this riser bar and stem bundle is engineered for more reliable and controlled off-road performance. It features a Spank Spike 800 Race Bar with 15mm rise and a Spank Race 2 Stem for stronger and safer performance on the most demanding mountain bike (MTB) terrains. This makes it an ideal combination for both downhill (DH) racers and mountain bike (MTB) trail-riders.
SPANK SPIKE 800 RACE BAR
With a Downhill (DH) World Cup tested and approved design, the Spike 800 Race riser bar uses its unique combination of Super-6 aluminium, patented CNC bending, and Dual-Extreme-Gradual Taper (XGT) technology to deliver superior durability and control on every off-road ride. It's equipped with four degrees of up-sweep and 8 degrees of back-sweep, so riders can benefit from performance-optimised geometry. Spank has also put this model through its shot peening and anodising finishing process, which gives it additional robustness as well as protection against corrosion. This makes it perfect for aggressive all-mountain, enduro or downhill racing in all-weather conditions.
SPANK RACE 2 STEM
This MTB stem features a 2D-forged MGR alloy construction, which allows it to handle all of the intensity that comes with long days in the mountains. Its four-bolt clamp securely holds your handlebar in place, while its tough steerer-end provides a reliable fit to your fork. Coming equipped with zero rise as standard, this mountain bike stem is a great choice of upgrade for safely connecting your handlebars to your fork's steerer tube.
- Material: Handlebar: MGR Super Six Alloy; Stem: 2D Forged MGR Alloy, CNC weight optimised
- Finish: Shot-peening and Anodising
- Use: MTB, DH
- Handlebar Rise: 15mm
- Handlebar Length: 800mm (adjustable to 740mm)
- Handlebar Geometry: Upsweep: 4 degrees; Backsweep: 8 degrees
- Stem Length: Multiple options available to select
- Stem Stack Height: 35mm
- Diameter: 31.8mm
- Weight: Handlebar: 310g; Stem: 150g (35mm), 180g (50mm)
- Dual XGT (Extreme Gradual Taper) Technology: This is a proprietary tube drawing process that tapers the bars from the thickest area at the bar clamping zone, slowly and gradually through the bend zones, to the thinnest areas at the control zones and back to thicker reinforced bar end zones, or “Impact Ends”. Spank has utilized FEA (Finite Element Analysis), laboratory, and rigorous real-world testing to optimise the spread of material to where it is needed to withstand the specific forces at work in each zone while offering better protection against crashes than ever before! The extreme precision enabled by Dual XGT drawing processes also eliminates the need for heavy hand grinding, which can result in imperfections and inconsistency in wall thickness.
- Impact Ends: The Impact Ends reduce the chance of collapse in areas where the wall is thinner and in heavy impacts. These can also be used to support bar ends in the relevant disciplines.
- CNC Bending: The precision of 3D CNC Bending in a single fixture allows Spank to optimise their designs further and to eliminate the heavy grinding process, making their bars lighter, stronger, and safer! Spank has also taken extra work hardening steps to ensure the stem clamping area of the bar is uniformly cylindrical and true, and as tough as possible.
- Super-6 Aluminium: This is a specially blended, highly magnesium-silicon enriched, work-hardened alloy. Super-6 offers the perfect mix of hardness, yield, fatigue life, and a superior ultimate tensile strength to standard 6 series alloys. It is ideal for the creation of thin-walled, super-stiff handlebars. Through recent adoption of Super-6 materials, Spank’s Spike, Subrosa, and Oozy handlebars are now stronger and show greater resistance to deformation than ever before.
- Colour: Black-Grey
- Option: Stem Length: 50mm, Stem Length: 35mm
- Material: Alloy
- Width: 800mm
- Handlebar Rise: 15mm