EXTRACTED FROM WATER / DESTINED FOR DIRT.
New Pressure Die Casting process uses less energy, has zero waste and uses magnesium extracted from seawater. Better for the planet and better for your bank account.
The new Vault Mag mountain bike pedal is here, born from our quest for production methods that are more environmentally friendly and less wasteful. Thanks to the unique use of pressure die casting technology, the Vault Mag mtb flat pedal achieves these goals. Best of all, it is now available at a more obtainable price. When performance is paramount, the Vault Mag delivers at just 404g.
Want a more premium finish and an abundance of colour options? Check out the CNC aluminium Vault here.
Want to go bantamweight? Check out the new Vault Mag SL here.
Six benefits of the magnesium casting process:
1. Most of the magnesium used is extracted from seawater.
2. Magnesium uses less energy to process the material than aluminium (bauxite).
3. Casting magnesium uses less energy to make the finished product (than CNC aluminium).
4. The casting process wastes very little material.
5. Any waste material is recycled on site (zero waste).
6. Magnesium is non-toxic and is very safe for manufacture and use.