The Challenge: How do we go about updating a bike in our range whose legion of fans don't want us to change anything?
The answer, as with everything we do, is with great care and a stack of test feedback.
The new Alpine 6 has been through one of the most intensive prototyping programs we've ever done – the result is spectacular.
With the introduction of the 230mm metric shock, we have revised the suspension layout to increase the rear travel. We've also tuned the frame to be more progressive to retain a bottomless feel and improve small bump smoothness, treading that fine line that keeps wallow at bay and gives the Alpine 6 all the control it needs.
The geometry has also been under the microscope and refined to match the new suspension performance, resulting in more agility, stability and confident speed.
When you come upon one of those unholy beasts of a trail, this is the bike to take it on at full-gas and tame it.
WHY THE ALPINE 6?
- Brand New monocoque 6061-T6 aluminium frame
- Designed and built in Britain
- 5 year frame warranty with Limited Lifetime Crash Replacement
- Unique Single-pivot suspension for optimum performance, efficiency and reliability
- New Radically revised, more progressive frame suspension layout with 230x65mm metric shock
- New Reworked Alpine geometry for confidence, speed and stability
- New 170mm Front/165mm rear travel
- New Frame Bottle Bosses
- Boost 148 rear hub spacing
- Available in 5 model specs: S, Pro, RS, Factory and XTR
- Bike Builder: Component upgrades available and a choice of
- 6 custom colour options. Excluding S spec, (Fizzy Orange only)
SIZES AND COLOURS
FRAME AND FORK
6061-T6 Monocoque UK Formed Custom Aluminium Tubing. Wheel Size: 27.5. Rear wheel travel: 165.
ALPINE 6 GEOMETRY
|Monocoque/6061-T6 Custom Butted Aluminium tubing|
|Seat Tube Length||15"||17"||18"||19"||20"|
|A. Head Angle||64°||64°||64°||64°||64°|
|B. Seat Angle (Actual)||72°||72°||72°||72°||72°|
|B. Seat Angle (Effective)||74°||74°||74°||74°||74°|
|C. Top Tube||582||601||619||641||658|
|D. Top Tube (effective)||605||625||645||665||685|
|E. BB Height (from ground)||337||337||337||337||337|
|BB height (from axles||-17||-17||-17||-17||-17|
|G. Head Tube||100||110||120||125||130|
|H. Wheel base||1208||1231||1251||1272||1293|
|O. Fork Offset||37||37||37||37||37|
|T. Rear Travel||165||165||165||165||165|
|Unless otherwise indicated all measurements are in mm. Frame angles are measured static, without rider sag. Bottom bracket height measured from ground with 708 mm Ø tyre.|
BIKE SIZING GUIDELINES
Please note: This is for guidance only. You may be taller or shorter, it doesn't mean our bikes will not fit you. The best way to determine the correct bike size for you is to try one. We've added some more explanation on sizing theory here: What size frame do I need?